MDC Blackboard is an online content management system adopted by the school, Miami Dade College to provide content and tools to students, engage with students, provide grades, and many services online.
The introduction of a learning management system has contributed positively to education. Students are now learning at a greater pace plus the convenience that comes with MDC Blackboard.
The MDC LMS as you would rather call it has a lot of benefits to students, among them is access to learning materials, a central location for communicating, submission of assignments, taking quizzes and tests, checking grades, and more.
In this post, we will be providing you with information on how to sign into the MDC Blackboard, the account creation process, how to reset or change your password, and more.
How to log into MDC blackboard
Below is the MDC blackboard sign process:
1. Enter mdc.blackboard.com into your web browser.
2. Enter your Miami Dade College account login username, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. In the next field, provide your password.
4. Click Sign in to access your course on the MDC LMS.
How to create an MDC student account.
Without a Miami Dade College or student account, you will be unable to access and make use of the many features on the blackboard. Before creating an account, there is certain information you will need to provide and they are Social Security Number or Student Number, First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth.
Once you have them sorted out, then signing up for an MDC student will be like a walk in the park. The system will want to know who you are and it is important to provide the information in their respective text boxes.
- To get started, go to the MDC student account sign-up page.
- Click the Continue button on the newly opened page.
- Provide the following information as already discussed. If you forgot your Student ID, state it by highlighting the box below it.
- Click Continue for the next phase.
- Accept the MDC’s computing policies.
- Create a very strong password to keep your account secure.
- Create a challenge question and answer. This can be used to reset your password if forgotten.
- Once done, you will be provided your MyMDC username and your MyMDC student email account.
How to reset forgotten password
If you are trying to log into your MDC blackboard account but could not due to using a wrong password. You can always have it reset.
1. Go to www.mdc.edu/password and click Reset forgotten password.
2. Enter your MDC ID/Social Security Number, Username, Password, and Date of birth.
3. Now, click Change Password.
4. The reset password link will be sent to your email address.
How to Change my password
Students can also choose to change their password if they have any reasons there is unauthorized access to their MDC blackboard account.
1. Enter www.mdc.edu/password on your browser and click Change my password.
2. Enter the required information which includes your current and new password.
3. Complete the captcha and click Submit to change your MDC Blackboard password.
How to access Course in MDC Blackboard
1. To access your course in MDC blackboard, you will first need to log in using your sign-in details.
2. Your MDC blackboard sign-in details are your username and password. Now, Click the ‘Courses’ link located at the top right side corner of the screen to view all of your classes.
3. Click the Course Link that appears under ‘My Courses’ (e.g., ENC1001-3303-2100)
4. Now, you can start going through the content of your course by making use of the Menu Bar on the left side.
5. Also, review the syllabus and then click on the Course Content on the MDC blackboard.