HuskyCT with Blackboard Collaborate is the LMS used by instructors at the University of Connecticut (UConn) to provide more value to Students. The LMS has gone through several reviews and is said to be a very robust Learning Management System (LMS) which will no doubt aid students academically, as well as instructors in the discharge of their duties.
Despite having such benefits, it will take a lot of time to master HuskyCT for new students. Still, depending on how intriguing someone is to new things, you may find people getting the hang of it quickly.
Although this article will point more to the students, you should also know that the Huskyct login portal can also be accessed by staff, administrators, affiliated community health professionals, and other sets of individuals with a responsibility towards helping the school achieve its mission.
What is HuskyCT?
HuskyCT is a virtual learning environment used by UConn to help students access learning content such as discussions, forums, tests, grades, course materials, and more. The app makes use of Blackboard Learn 9.1 to deliver rich and engaging content.
Also, as a lecturer charged with the responsibility of educating students, you can access a wide range of educational electronic resources and services including putting out materials and all manner of content aimed at helping your students.
HuskyCT can be used on both mobile and desktop devices. Also, there is an app for Android and IOS devices which even makes it better and easier. Studies have shown that students use mobile devices a lot more, and having the capacity to install as an app or use it on the webpage is something that both Students and Lecturers of Uconn will welcome.
How to log into Huskyct
1. First, launch your web browser on your mobile or desktop device.
2. Enter http://huskyct.uconn.edu on the browser
4. Now, click Login. If you are a guest, you should go to Guest Login and continue from there.
5. Enter your Uconn HuskyCT’s NetID and Password.
6. Then, click Login to access your dashboard.
Getting a Uconn HuskyCT’s NetID and Password
You need a NetID and a password to access HuskyCT. The UConn Single Sign-On can be used to access some of the computing and networking services used at the University of Connecticut (UConn).
The services you could access include HuskyCT, Exchange (Faculty/Staff email and calendaring), Student Administration, VPN, and many others. One can expect the list to extend as time goes by.
One of the benefits of having to use the same username and password for many of the services is that you will not need to go through the stress of creating an account for each service.
Now that you know how important it is for you to get the NetID and password, this brings us to the next phase which is how to obtain a NetID?
To obtain your Uconn HuskyCT’s NetID, simply click https://netid.uconn.edu from your web browser. Click Find NetID and complete the information. The required information are first name, last name, and date of birth. Click Find your NetID.
How to activate NetID
1. To start using the various services as allowed by the University of Connecticut (UConn), simply go to https://netid.uconn.edu.
2. Tap ‘Activate’ from the Activate NetID tab.
3. Enter your NetID to activate your NetID. If you have your Social Security Number and date of birth in the school system, you can also tap “ACTIVATE USING SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND DATE OF BIRTH”
4. Provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) and date of birth.
5. You will now be redirected to a page where you will need to set up your password for use on Uconn HuskyCT.
6. Now, go to “NetID Tools” and click on “Secondary Email and Mobile’. Provide the alternate phone number and email which could be very helpful if you forgot your password and want to reset or retrieve it.
Note: If you were sent an activation code due to not having a social security number (SSN), you should tap “ACTIVATE USING ACTIVATION CODE”. Next, enter the activation code and your date of birth which will now take you to the “Set Your NetID Password” page. Go ahead and create your password,
How to change NetID password
You will also be able to change or reset your Uconn HuskyCT password if you forgot or simply need to change it. Below is the guide:
- Visit http://netid.uconn.edu on your web browser.
- Click on “Reset Password.”
- Enter your Uconn HuskyCT NetID and Date of Birth.
- If you have set an alternative way to contact you as suggested, you can choose by email or text message via phone. If not, the process to reset by providing answers to the security questions
- Set Your NetID Password by providing a new password.
Note: if you failed to create security questions and answers, then you will need to contact Support for help. Call the help center phone number on (860-486-4357).
HuskyCT mobile apps – Options for Mobile Blackboard Apps
App has always been the best choice when compared with using the website. It provides a convenient way of accessing services aside from the ease of navigation that users enjoy. At Uconn, there is also a mobile option for instructors and students. One could also say the blackboard can be accessed by faculty, staff, and anyone whose job descriptions request it.
Blackboard, formerly called Bb Student is the mobile app used by Uconn. Therefore, as a bonafide student of the school, it is recommended that you download the mobile app to your smartphone. UConn students can download the app for free and it is available for both Android and IOS devices.
Some benefits to enjoy on the Blackboard App for HuskyCT
- Students can view, complete and submit tests and assignments given by their institutors.
- The blackboard interface is smart and looks modern.
- Access to the Activity stream.
- Answer quizzes right from the app.
- Access and join class discussions.
- View your grades in real-time.
- Seamless integration with Blackboard Collaborate.
- Enjoy regular updates to access advanced features.
Download Blackboard App for HuskyCT
The myUConn app is available from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. By App store, it means if you are using an iPhone or iPad, then you would be able to download and install Blackboard App for HuskyCT on your device at no cost.
To download the official app of the University of Connecticut. Simply go to your app store and search for myUConn. Click install to download install on your Phone automatically. Meanwhile, below are the download links for both Android and IOS:
- Google play store: Download myUConn – Blackboard App for HuskyCT for your Android.
- App Store: Download myUConn – Blackboard App for HuskyCT for your iPhone and iPad.
Features of myUConn
1. Access to schedules and upcoming events for arts venues around the UConn campus.
2. View the classes you will be taking and the instructor’s contact info.
3. Enjoy updates and gossips happening around the school campus.
4. Launch and make use of the Blackboard Mobile Learn app if installed on your phone, from within myUConn.
5. Bus tracker feature will ensure you can view when the next bus will be available.
6. Look up contact information of staff, faculties, students, and more.
7. Access to the flea market where you can buy and sell items you no longer need or want to dispose of.
8. Manage your Husky One Card account including viewing and adding your points.
9. Access UConn libraries, chat with a librarian, make requests for books and look up working hours.
10. And more…
1. How do I access huskyCT from my mobile device?
huskyCT can be accessed using the Blackboard app, which is currently part of the myUConn app. Students can also access the Uconn huskyCT by downloading and installing the myUConn app.
The link to install the app has already been provided. Simply follow our guide to get the app running on your device.
2. When will my courses be available in Huskyct?
The availability of courses will depend on different factors. Mostly, courses should be available by the first class meeting date. However, if it is unavailable after the first class meeting date, then you will need to contact your lecturer or course director.
For Medical students, the step to take is to get in touch with the HOME office in the School of Medicine while Dental students should also see the Academic Affairs Office in the School of Dental Medicine.
3. Can I change my NetID?
No, you will not be able to change your NetID once you have been assigned an ID. The NetID is intended to be a unique identifier for anyone with access, this is why you are not going to see multiple users having the same Huskyct NetID.
It is advisable not to share your NetID with another except if the main purpose is to provide technical assistance to you.
4. How long will my NetID be active?
So far you have been admitted into the University of Connecticut (UConn) and have activated the NetID, it becomes active forever. However, when you leave the school, the number of services you can access is limited.
Faculties and staff NetIDs will be active for 30 days to 365 days depending on the nature of their appointment at UConn. For Emeritus faculty, their NetIDS remain active indefinitely.