Zenith Bank, being one of the top-rated commercial banks in Nigeria, it is easy to understand why several people want to open an account with the bank.
To open a zenith bank account, you can visit the bank if you have all the time, but I hope you are familiar with the routines especially now that more people are now switching to banks for safekeeping. The waiting period in the queue is not easy for most people, this is one of the reasons why banks are making sure there are other ways to access banking services.
Therefore, it is a privilege that one can now carry most banking transactions online or on the phone, thereby saving us resources and time.
The best part of it is that it does not matter if you use a push-button phone, otherwise known as “Palasa”, you can also open accounts on phone and also carry other banking activities. Although, having a smartphone or computer could give you more edge. There is a reason why some phones are tagged, “smart”.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Zenith bank account opened online can be operated and used from any location in Nigeria.
- There is no limit to the number of withdrawals customers can make from their zenith savings account in a month.
- It is designed to provide banking services for the unbanked and also people with low-income.
- Account opening forms are NOT required for the signup process.
- The account can be opened using a USSD code on any phone or online platforms.
- It is a zero account and a debit card is also issued to customers who request for it.
- Account-holders will be able to send and receive to and from family, business partners, and friends across all banks in Nigeria.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT OPENING ACCOUNT ONLINE
Customers who open an account online without the necessary documents should know that they will only be allowed a maximum single deposit amount of N50,000, a maximum cumulative balance of N300,000, a cumulative transfer limit is N100,000 daily, a mobile banking transaction limit of N3,000, and a daily limit of N30,000 while International funds transfer is prohibited. The cumulative transaction limit on Airtime top-up is N3,000.00.
These limitations should be fine with low-income earners. However, if you are a high-income earner, you will need to open your Zenith bank account with all the necessary documents.
Customers who operate Zenith bank instant accounts can upgrade their account any time using a valid ID card, utility bill that is not more than 3 months, and a completed bank form.
On the issue of Bank Verification Number (BVN), customers would need to link it to their account before they can have full access. Just because banks allow you to open an account without BVN does not mean you are free to use it. What you can do with such bank account is to receive funds but you won’t be able to execute cash outflow transactions.
Therefore, if you have not registered for a BVN number, go to any bank and quickly register. It is free and should be done within a few minutes. Meanwhile, You can now enroll for your National Identity Number (BVN) at designated Zenith Bank branches. Visit www.zenithbank.com/nin to view the list.
HOW TO OPEN A ZENITH BANK ACCOUNT ON PHONE WITH CODE
- Customers who wish to own a Zenith Bank Savings Account should dial *966*0# on their phone.
- Select 1 if you are opening an account for yourself or 2 if it is for 3rd party.
- A new message will pop up asking if you want to open a Zenith eazy account with BVN, select Yes. If you do not have a BVN number, select No. To check your BVN, dial *565*0#.
- Follow prompts. Please do note that Last name is your surname.
- Upon submission, your unique zenith bank account number will be sent to your inbox.
HOW TO OPEN A ZENITH BANK ACCOUNT ONLINE VIA WEBSITE.
Another way people can open a zenith bank account is to visit zenith bank’s official website. To save you the trouble of looking for the right link, please visit https://realtime.zenithbank.com/onlineaccountopening.
Select if you want to open a zenith bank with BVN or not. It is advisable to have your Bank Verification Number (BVN) before registering. New customers will also need to provide all personal information including first name, last name, date of birth, email address, and mobile number.
Once done with every detail, your application will be reviewed and your Zenith Bank account number will be sent to your email and mobile number.
You can also make an online account opening request if you need a normal savings account, current account, premium savings account, or any kind of account. This is just a request to save you a lot of time, customers will only fill in their details on the platform but will still need to visit the bank with the required documentation to get their accounts activated.
The document varies depending on the account type. If you are opening a normal savings account, you will need to go with a valid ID card and utility bill. For current account, you will need to go with a valid ID card, utility bill, and reference. The reference form can be downloaded from the website.
To get started with zenith bank online account opening request, click https://www.zenithbank.com/open-an-account-online, and fill in the necessary details.
SEE OTHER RELATED POSTS
- How to open a wema bank account online in Nigeria.
- Stanbic ibtc Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Unity Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a first bank account online in Nigeria.
- Union Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open a sterling bank account online in Nigeria.
- Polaris Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Heritage Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Guaranty trust bank (GTB) Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open a keystone bank account online in Nigeria.
- Jaiz Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open fcmb bank account online in Nigeria.
- Fidelity Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open an ecobank account online in Nigeria.
- Access Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a UBA account online in Nigeria.
- All you should know about Domiciliary Account.
- How to open a bank account online in Nigeria.