This article will provide you with ways by which you can track any money sent to you through western union. There are several ways to check, but we will be concentrating on the most effective ways, namely, using the 10-digit tracking number (MTCN), phone number, or Name.
Western Union is a financial services company based in Denver, Colorado in the USA. Services offered include wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, bill pay, and transfer tracking. For several years, it has been the most used way by which money is sent and received between countries, not until other payment methods like Paypal service arrive.
Despite that, it is still a good and reliable way to receive funds from any part of the world. While PayPal has some forms of restrictions and limits their services in some countries, western union is in over 200 countries and territories. And the best part of it is that most banks allow the platform and service is almost quick, especially now that the Internet has made work and services even better.
HOW TO TRACK A WESTERN UNION BY TRACKING NUMBER OR ID
As a sender or receiver, you can easily track the payment sent via Western Union using the tracking number.
- To track on western union, visit the Western Union Official Website.
- Tap the “Menu” button located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click “Track Transfer”
- Select “I’m the sender” or I’m the receiver” depending on what your current status is.
- Enter the 10-digit tracking number (MTCN) on the field and click continue.
- Follow prompts to complete the process.
If you are the sender, Your tracking number (MTCN) will be in the receipt sent to your email or on your transfer history page.
The receiver can obtain the 10 digit number from the sender. Meanwhile, there are further guides on how to track if perhaps you have lost the tracking ID. This info could be helpful to both parties and we will be sharing the steps.
WESTERN UNION TRACKING BY NAME
This method is most effective if you have lost your tracking ID. It allows you to track or check payments via Western Union even if you do not have the tracking number.
1. To track the western union transaction using names, you will need to go to “Track Transfer”. Tap the menu on the official website to locate it.
2. Click “Don’t know the MTCN?”
3. Select whether you are the sender or receiver and tap “Sender and receiver names”
4. Once the page reloads, you will need to provide the correct information such as sender’s last name and first name, receiver’s first name and last name, select receiver’s country, select send or receive amount depending on whether you are the sender or receiver and enter the figure in the last field.
5. To get a more accurate result, enter the date the transfer was initiated and click “Continue”
TRACKING YOUR WESTERN UNION TRANSFER VIA PHONE NUMBER
Another way you can track WU Money Transfer is using the sender and receiver’s phone number. And below is how to go about it.
1. To check whether money has been sent or transferred through western union via phone number, simply visit the website and click the menu.
2. Tap “Don’t know the MTCN?”
3. Select between sender and receiver platform and choose any of the options, “Sender’s phone number” and “Sender and receiver names”
4. Provide relevant info in the fields and click continue.
HOW TO TRACK WESTERN UNION TRANSFER VIA THE CUSTOMER CARE
Another way to check your western union transfer is by requiring the services of the Customer care unit.
How do you do that?
It is simple, you can call their phone number, email them or visit the western union transfer unit of the bank in use.
If you are proposing to speak to an agent by phone, the number to call is 1–800–325–6000. If you are Spanish speaking customer, then you will call 1-800-325-4045. Toll-free phone number is 0700-34778-2668228.
For via email address, reach out to WesternUnion@emails.westernunion.com and you should get a reply within one hour from the financial service company.