Have you ever wanted to be able to turn on notifications on Facebook friend posts but you have not been able to get the hang of it?
It could also be your favorite Facebook page and you desperately want to enable notifications so you won’t miss anything while you are busy with other stuff.
All these are exactly what we will be showing you in this article. We would also provide you with step by step on how to turn it off anytime you feel it is no longer necessary or when you just want to avoid the constant and annoying notifications.
People can follow a Facebook post without necessarily commenting. This way, they can benefit from what is being discussed in the comment section without taking part or give a reason for people to believe they are on the post.
TURN ON NOTIFICATION ON FACEBOOK POST
Follow this step to know how to turn on notification on any of your friends FB posts:
1. Log in to your Facebook account using the required details.
2. Go to the friend’s post you wish to receive an update on any comment made on the post.
3. Tap the THREE HORIZONTAL DOTS MENU
4. Click the TURN ON NOTIFICATION FOR THIS POST.
5. This step also works for any person’s post and not just your friends. You could get constant updates on any posts.
HOW TO TURN OFF FACEBOOK POST NOTIFICATION OF ANY OF YOUR FB FRIEND
Facebook users will also be able to turn off notifications anytime they have had enough by following the guides below:
1. To turn off Facebook post notifications, go back to the post. Alternatively, click the notification to access the post.
2. Tap the three horizontal dots menu.
3. Stop receiving notifications by clicking the TURN OFF NOTIFICATION FOR THIS POST.
HOW TO TURN NOTIFICATIONS ON PAGES THAT I FOLLOW ON FACEBOOK
If you have been following a Facebook page and you want to know how to turn on notifications, below is the guide:
1. Enter www.facebook.com on your computer or mobile browser and log in.
2. Go to the Facebook page you want to get constant notifications of any update.
3. Click the meatballs menu, otherwise known as the 3 horizontal dots menu.
4. Tap Following
5. Click Edit Notification Settings.
6. There are 3 options there including Highlights and Standard, you can select any of the two depending on what you want. However, the default setting is HIGHLIGHTS.
TURNING OFF FACEBOOK PAGE NOTIFICATIONS
Notification from the page can also be turned off by clicking the page > tap the Meatballs Menu > click Edit Notification Settings > set to Off.
Once done, you will stop receiving notifications from the Facebook page even when you are still a member.
To stop seeing any post from the Facebook page on your timeline, click ‘Unfollow’ below your Newsfeed.
HOW TO TURN ON FACEBOOK PAGE NOTIFICATIONS VIA FB APP
1. Get the app from your App Store if you are yet to install it on your Smartphone.
2. Log in to your account using your login details.
3. Search for the page in the search field or locate the page via the page tab.
4. Tap the meatballs menu and click ‘Manage Follow Settings’
5. Tap ‘Posts’ under the Notification Settings and adjust as you deem fit.
6. If you do not want to see any posts on your Newsfeed, simply go back to ‘Follow Settings’ > tap ‘Newsfeed’ and then turn off to stop receiving posts on the particular Fb page you are following.
TURNING OFF NOTIFICATION ON FACEBOOK PAGE VIA APP
To turn off notifications for the Facebook page you are following, simply launch your FB app and go to the page. Tap MANAGE FOLLOW SETTINGS and then to POSTS.
Tap off to stop receiving post notifications from the Facebook Page.
HOW TO GET NOTIFICATIONS WHEN YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS POST ANYTHING
1. To turn on notifications on Facebook so you can see posts from all your friends, go to MENU and select SETTINGS.
2. Scroll down and locate Notification. Once found, tap NOTIFICATION SETTINGS beneath it.
3. From the newly opened page, you will be able to adjust what notification you want to receive.