Wema Bank is one of the oldest banks in Nigeria, it is understandable that people still want in. If you are asking if there is a way one can open a wema bank account online or on phone without the need to visit the bank?
I assure you, there are ways to open a wema bank account easily. The queue at the bank is no longer something anyone wants to contend with especially when there are lots of things on ground. Aside from that, the documentation is also another thing entirely.
Banks are now growing with technology, one does not need to visit the banking hall for most banking services. Before now, the usual practice was to go to the bank to withdraw funds, open accounts, transfer money, etc, but phone is now in the centre of it all.
Wema bank account opening only takes 3 minutes if you are good at typing. This is how well banks have improved. Although this article mainly intends to let you know how to open a wema bank account online, we will also let you know other things that may not be revealed to you when opening an online wema bank account.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Avoid stress associated with filling a long list of details on the account opening form.
- No limits to the number of withdrawals customers can make from their account at any time.
- The instant savings account is simple and easy to open.
- It is perfect for low-income earners.
- Customers can deposit and withdraw money at any wema bank branches or express spots.
- It is available on all gsm number in Nigeria.
WHAT YOU WERE NOT TOLD ABOUT OPENING ACCOUNT WITHOUT DOCUMENTATION
One can quickly open a wema bank account online without documentation, but there are conditions attached to this tier 1 account.
An instant account opened without the necessary documents often come with the following limitations – a maximum single deposit amount of N50,000, a maximum cumulative balance of N300,000, a mobile banking transaction limit of N3,000, and a daily limit of N30,000 while International funds transfer is prohibited.
Nevertheless, when one chooses to pass over the boundaries, the account will be subjected to a temporary freeze until an upgrade is carried out. Such an upgrade involves the tendering of a valid ID card and a utility bill, not more than 3 months. Meanwhile, a frozen account can still take funds from anyone, it only prohibits the account holder from withdrawing his or her money.
Therefore, if you are a high-income earner, this is not the account for you. Wema bank has a normal savings account that will be able to soak up any funds. You just need to push through the difficulties to open it.
In case you are wondering what do you need to open a normal wema savings account? A govt issued id card, utility bill, BVN, and also a completed bank opening form.
Also, Bank Verification Number is very important. A bank allowing you to open any account without you linking your BVN number does mean you will be able to run it without hitches. You were only given the privilege to receive funds from various sources but you won’t be able to send or withdraw your money until you link your BVN.
Therefore, BVN needs to be registered at any bank and it cost nothing to have yours. Just your time and you can then carry out banking transactions anytime and any day.
HOW TO OPEN A WEMA BANK ACCOUNT ON PHONE WITH CODE
- To open a wema account on phone using ussd code, dial *945*1#. If that fails use *945# on any gsm number.
- Reply with 1 for account opening.
- Follow prompts to complete your wema bank registration for account opening.
- Customers will need to provide their BVN numbers. To check BVN, dial *565*0# from the phone number registered to the BVN.
- Upon completion, your wema bank account number will be sent to your inbox.
HOW TO OPEN A WEMA BANK ACCOUNT ONLINE WITH MOBILE APP
New customers will also be able to open a new wema bank account online by downloading and installing “Alat App” from either Google Play Store or Apple Store depending on their device type.
Launch the wema bank mobile app called, “Alat” from your phone. Sign up with your Bank Verification Number and a valid phone number.
The system will ask you for a clear picture of your face and signature. You can use a good phone camera to snap it if you have no access to a Scanner. You will also need to provide every personal information to be able to successfully open a wema bank account online.
After submission, your account will be reviewed by a customer representative, this should not take more than a few hours. Once accepted, your wema bank account number will be forwarded to your phone and email address.
SEE OTHER RELATED POSTS
- Zenith Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- Stanbic ibtc Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Unity Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a first bank account online in Nigeria.
- Union Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open a sterling bank account online in Nigeria.
- Polaris Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Heritage Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Guaranty trust bank (GTB) Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open a keystone bank account online in Nigeria.
- Jaiz Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open fcmb bank account online in Nigeria.
- Fidelity Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open an ecobank account online in Nigeria.
- Access Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a UBA account online in Nigeria.
- All you should know about Domiciliary Account.
- How to open a bank account online in Nigeria.