Airtel Nigeria is determined to provide affordable tariff plans, and Airtel Smart Trybe 2.0 is one of the ways they offer more value for your money.
Airtel Smart Trybe is a fantastic tariff plan designed to provide the best rates on calls and data for young people and the youth. It also offers very cheap night browsing, allowing users to enjoy affordable internet access during nighttime.
Before we delve further, let’s take a quick look at the history of Airtel Nigeria…
The telecommunications network has been operating for many years. It was founded in 2001 as Econet Nigeria and became the first service provider to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria.
In 2004, after some changes in ownership, Econet Nigeria was acquired by Vee Networks and became Vmobile. However, the turbulent days continued, and in 2006, Celtel acquired Vmobile.
In 2008, Celtel was acquired by Zain, which caused some dissatisfaction among the public. Nonetheless, in 2010, Bharti Airtel took over and renamed the company as Airtel Nigeria. Since then, the telecom giant has strived to repay the trust placed in them by Nigerians. They continuously introduce various tariff plans, hoping to provide options that suit different budgets.
Airtel Nigeria remains committed to serving its customers with affordable and customer-friendly offerings, such as Airtel Smart Trybe 2.0.
Benefits of Airtel Smart Trybe 2.0
- Airtel tariff plan is available to all prepaid subscribers.
- Campus data bonus are also available within or around campus.
- Customers also get 15MB data bonus upon recharge of N200 and above once a week.
- Make calls at 11k/sec to all networks in Nigeria.
- Enjoy 1GB data plan at just N500 with the validity being 7 days.
- The 1GB data plan @ just N500 can be used any time during the day.
- Browse all night for as low as N25. Valid between 12 am – 5 pm.
- Customers will be able to purchase the night browsing plan for at least 5 times.
Charges on Airtel smart trybe 2.0
Customers on Airtel SmartTrybe will be able to make calls to all networks in Nigeria @ 11k/sec within the day after a cumulative call charge of 25k to add up to 50 seconds. You can make multiple calls to add up to 50 secs. Once you have consumed a total of 50 secs within the same day, your call rates drop to 11k/sec
SMS is N4/SMS and 15/SMS to an international destination.
As far as I know, Airtel Smart Trybe 2.0 is the best airtel tariff plan in Nigeria and I have been on it for more than 2 years. It has always been helpful especially the Night browsing feature of 250mb at the rate of N25.
Anyone who is looking to browse for a long time, watch youtube, download movies, upgrade operating system and apps will find SmartTrybe very useful.
Call rate calculator for Airtel Smart Trybe
On airtel smart trybe 2.0, you will be able to make calls at a very cheap rate and for long depending on how much airtime you purchased. For the purpose of this article, we will be working with N100 airtime.
Multiple calls of 50 seconds to have a cheaper charge of 11k/sec will deduct N30 from your N100 main balance. You are now left with N70 to make calls, therefore, a 10 minutes call will attract N66 and in total, you would have used 96 for 10 minutes, and 50 seconds calls and which leaves you with N4. Impressive you will say for less than N100 spent.
How to enjoy the campus data bonus?
- To enjoy the campus data bonus, customers must live around or within any campus in Nigeria.
- Campus bonus can only be used within the campus.
- Dial *141# to buy your bundle and enjoy so many benefits on the largest networks in Nigeria.
- Customers will be able to check their data bundle balance by dialling *140#.
How to migrate to Airtel Smart Trybe
Anyone can be on Airtel Smart trybe, and only need any phone to enjoy the package.
In order to get more value from the prepaid plan, you should get a smartphone and enjoy the best rate on data.
- To migrate to Airtel SmartTrybe 2.0, dial *412#
How to Activate Airtel Night plan on Smart Trybe
Customers will be able to buy the Night plan for at least 5 times after migrating to Airtel SmartTrybe.
- To purchase Airtel night plan bundle, dial *412#.
- Reply with 3 to get 250mb. Session starts by 12 am and are valid for 5 hours.
How to migrate/opt-out of Smart Trybe 2.0
Migrating out of smarttrybe is very simple. In order to leave smarttrybe, you should get the codes for other tariff plans. Among them are Airtel SmartConnect 6.0, Airtel smarttrybe junior, Airtel smarttalk, Airtel smartvalue and Airtel smartpremier
Migration takes place immediately after dialling their respective migration codes.
- Airtel smart recharge and how to subscribe.
- Airtel 6x bundles and subscription codes.
- Airtel voice plus + tariff plan, benefits and how to migrate.
- Airtel talk more plan and code to migrate.
- Airtel smart value tariff plan and migration code.
- Airtel smart premier tariff plan and how to migrate.
- Airtel smart talk, benefits and how to migrate.
- Airtel smart trybe junior and how to migrate.
- Airtel smart connect 6.0 prepaid plan, benefits and how to migrate.
- Airtel smart connect and migration code.